21 agosto 2014

PM01183 . Chemo and Fasting .

August 19, 2014 by Lazymoan .

This is chemo week for me and tomorrow I’ll be down in Houston to get my second dose of Lurbinectedin (PM01183). After the first dose, I had some nausea and low blood pressure but it wasn’t too bad. The adverse effects were gone by day three so I figure I got off pretty easy.

I am currently on day 3 of a 5 to 6 day fast. I am going off Dr. Valter Longo’s research into fasting and the effect it has on cancer. There is research to suggest that it can make the chemo more effective, the side effects less severe, and your body better able to repair the damage done from chemo. It’s one of those things where I don’t know if it will have any effect but I feel like I need to be in control of something concering this whole journey.

Day 1 of the fast was miserable. I was starving and trying to figure out how to sneak out of the house and get food. I ended up sleeping most of the time so I didn’t have to feel the hunger pangs. Yesterday (Day 2) was better. It was one of the first weekdays in a long time where I didn’t just sleep until it was time to go pick up the husband. I felt like I was more awake and had more energy than usual. Today, things are great. I feel like I could do this forever, except for the tasty, tasty dreams …