10 septiembre 2006

Yondelis: Request for feedback

Yondelis: Request for feedback .

Posted by ------ on 01/20/2006, 18:52:31



My wife has recurrent liposarcoma. We've been offered to start clinical trial of Yondelis (ET-743) next week. I writing to request that anyone who has taken the drug please email me or post their experiences so far.




Re: Yondelis: Request for feedback.


Posted by ------- on 01/24/2006, 09:56:03





Hi,

I'm getting ready to start my 8th treatment with the ET-743. It is very tolerable. The first three days after treatment, I'm pretty wiped out and experience the feeling of nausea, but the anti-nausea meds keep me from actually vomiting. I feel very weak until day three, but afterwards, I'm up and running again. As long as I eat, I feel much better--but, the drug makes me feel full during the three days and I forget that I need something on my stomach. Also, I have some mild diarrhea during this period, but other than these symptoms, I find the chemo easier than others. Oh yes and the red and white blood counts drop. I get Aranesp for the red blood counts and Nuelasta for the white. Feel free to email me directly if you would like more details.